Thursday, April 15, 2010

Ommmmmmm My. Dear. Child.


Geneva and I are having a Mother's Day Mom and Me Together Yoga Workshop. This is Geneva's baby. (She has been amazing about pusuing her yoga teaching.) In any case, she is promoting it and holding it at the studio where she rents space. It will be a fun, relaxing, mother-child partnering affair. I'll assist, then take the kids in the end for a craft and more kid yoga, leaving a lucky bunch of moms in the hands of Geneva. (Geneva walks into a room and I feel better already.)

It's the craft we're still working on. We've been working on this idea of weaving words (using alphabet beads) into hemp bracelets. At one point we thought it would be meaningful to gather words from each mother and child, a special word, perhaps one that comes to mind when, say, the child thinks of the mother or vice versa.

So I took that idea to our R&D department for testing (that would be Kit, located conveniently on our swingset each and every afternoon). She loved the idea. What a special gift for mother's day! And you get to make it right there!

"What words might you choose?" I asked her. "What makes you think of me?"

"Oh, Grocery Store. Tired. Yelling. Like that."

Slap that one on a Hallmark Card and send it to your Momma.

No comments: